Goals of the course
The purpose of this course is to help interested adults to become competent assistants at Montessori primary classroom. The course provides an opportunity for teachers to integrate into their daily work with the children the Montessori philosophy and authentic practices guided in their personal and professional transformation by an AMI aux. trainer with an extensive international experience in Germany, Denmark, Latvia, Russia. The participants will develop the understanding and skills to prepare a learning environment that supports the potential of each child, guide a children community, observe with the view of a scientist, know how to direct children to become more independent, present key materials for growing of self-independence, social skills, self-control, language, mathematical mind, perfecting the senses of children between 3 and 6 years old, and not stop learning every day.
This unique course will be held in Sofia, Bulgaria. Considering the teachers’ workload and the need to be with their family and work on weekdays, the upcoming AMI AC will be held over 4 weekends on the following dates:
- 9-10 May 2020
- 16-17 May 2020
- 23-24 May 2020
- 20-21 June 2020
Director of training
Nadya Stolbova is originally from Russia, but has lived in Munich, Germany since 2005 where she received her Montessori Primary Diploma at the Montessori Internationales Ausbildungszentrum e.V. She has also the traditional German Kindergarten Teacher Degree as well as University Studies for Elementary and Early Childhood Education from Kirow, Russia.
Nadya spent more than 12 years working as a Classroom Director, School Administrator, Consultant and Lecturer in Montessori 3-6 Classes as well as Assistant of Trainer in the Montessori Adult Education MAE GmbH.
In 2018 she became an AMI Montessori aux. Trainer Status for ages 3-6 and since then has been directing the AMI 3-6 Assistants Courses in Latvia and Estonia.
In 2019 Nadya began assisting on the Montessori Primary Course at Higher School of the Montessori Method in St Petersburg, Russia, in order to complete her training of trainers program under the Direction of Madlena Ullrich and Gretchen Hall. Also she had the privilege of doing some of that training under Maria Roth in Munich, Germany, and under Marja-Leena Tyrväinen, Ulla Wikefeldt and Barbro Stenlund in Copenhagen, Denmark.
60 hours of lectures and practical work. Observation is done in classrooms led by AMI 3-6 teachers. Specific instruction how to observe will be given during the course.
The Secret of Childhood, The Absorbent Mind – available in English and Czech languages The Child in the Family (Available in Bulgarian language), Education for a New World – available in English language (Students who do not read English will receive selected quotes from these texts translated to Bulgarian).
The course content
- Introduction to Montessori
- The Role of Montessori Adult
- The Role of the Assistant
- Overview of the Planes of Development
- The Child’s Mind from 0-6 years, Sensitive Periods
- Order: The importance of Order and Precision, Order in the development of personality
- Movement 0-6: Development of Movement and its significance for the child
- Language: Development of, also taking into account the following elements:
- Preparation of the adult
- Use of language in general
- Vocabulary: correct, precise, rich, scientifically exact
- How to listen to children
- How to elicit language
- Independence: Development of, also taking into account different levels of independence – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual, as conditions for interdependence
- Prepared environment: Home and Casa dei Bambini (the physical and the intangible)
- Freedom and Discipline: Understanding the concept of Freedom from Montessori point of view and the growth of Discipline as inner development
- Social Development
- Observation and its relevance (technique and recording of)
- Music and Art
- Maintaining the environment (indoor and outdoor)
Time will be be dedicated to the reading and discussion of Maria Montessori’s texts relevant to topics given.
Requirements for certification
- Submission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer
- Submission of observation report
- Submission of handmade materials
- Minimum of 90% attendance
Are you interested?
If you would like to register in the upcoming AMI AC 3-6 or have any other questions, please contact us!
e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: +359 878 832 823
The course will be conducted in English with simultaneous translation in Bulgarian language.
The course is run by Association Montessori Internationale with the assistance of the Montessori Society Bulgaria.