Goal of the course
This Course is for anyone interested of working with children age under three, in a Montessori Home, Nido or Infant Community. It is designed for supporting caregivers, parents and classroom assistants. The purpose of AMI Certificate Course for young children between the ages of 0 and 3 is to help interested adults assist the developing personality in the most formative early years. You will have the opportunity to learn and understand:
- the importance of observation in working with a child
- when and how to interfere in the child’s work
- Maria Montessori’s concepts of freedom and discipline
- how to gain the child’s trust
- the power of the child’s absorbent mind at this age
- the importance of routine and consistency in language and activities at this age
- how to build the environment in order to meet the child’s needs
- importance of food and ways to prepare it and also to acquire
- the ability to allow the child to become more and more independent, any unnecessary help being a hindrance in his development
- techniques for building and maintaining the materials from the environment
- techniques of vocabulary enrichment
The course provides an opportunity for adults, guided in their personal and professional transformation by an AMI trainer with international experience in Finland and United States, to integrate into their daily work with children the Montessori vision of the child and his/her abilities. Graduates have the skills to prepare a learning environment and materials to support the true potential of each child, to help develop movement and language, to foster self-reliance and “I can” self-image.
Director of training
Tiina Suominen is from Finland. In 2018 she became an AMI Montessori Auxiliar Trainer in Assistant to Infancy level (A to I). In order to complete her training of trainers program, she worked in Vancouver, Canada, under the direction of Maria Teresa Vidales. She is trained both in 0-3 and 3-6 levels Montessori guide.
Tiina has her own Montessori School in Helsinki, capital of Finland. She has been working in Infant Communities and 3-6-classes more than 20 years, being the Classroom director and school Administrator. Tiina has also the traditional Finnish early childhood educator degree and she is also a coach and a fasilitator.
60 hours of lectures and practical work. Observation is done in classrooms led by AMI 0-3 teachers. Specific instruction how to observe will be given during the course.
The Secret of Childhood, The Absorbent Mind, The Child in the Family – we have them available in English and Bulgarian languages, and Education for a New World.
The course content
- Introduction to Montessori
- The Role of Montessori Adult
- The Role of the Assistant
- Overview of the Planes of Development
- The Child’s Mind from 0-6 years
- Movement 0-3
- Prepared environment
- Freedom and Discipline
- Music and Art
- Maintaining the Environment
- Toilet Learning
- Material Making
Requirements for certification
- Submission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer
- Submission of observation report
- Submission of handmade materials
- Minimum of 90% attendance
Are you interested?
If you wish to enroll in the course or have any other questions, please contact us.
For registration and contact
The training is conducted in English with simultaneous translation in Bulgarian.
The course is organized by Association Montessori Internationalе with the assistance of the Montessori Institute of Bulgaria.