Goal of the course
The intention of the Assistants Course is to help interested adults become able assistants in a Montessori Children’s House. The task of the Assistant is to support and help the director/directress maintain equilibrium within the class, to observe, to learn when and how to intervene and not interfere, to acquire the ability to allow the children to become more and more independent, to gain knowledge of Montessori’s understanding of Freedom and Discipline, to acquire the ability to support the development of the child by assisting the teacher.
Director of training
Nadya Stolbova is originally from Russia, but has lived in Munich, Germany since 2005 where she received her Montessori Primary Diploma at the Montessori Internationales Ausbildungszentrum e.V. She has also the traditional German Kindergarten Teacher Degree as well as University Studies for Elementary and Early Childhood Education from Kirow, Russia.
Nadya spent more than 12 years working as a Classroom Director, School Administrator, Consultant and Lecturer in Montessori 3-6 Classes as well as Assistant of Trainer in the Montessori Adult Education MAE GmbH.
In 2018 she became an AMI Montessori aux. Trainer Status for ages 3-6 and since then has been directing the AMI 3-6 Assistants Courses in Latvia and Estonia.
In 2019 Nadya began assisting on the Montessori Primary Course at Higher School of the Montessori Method in St Petersburg, Russia, in order to complete her training of trainers program under the Direction of Madlena Ullrich and Gretchen Hall. Also she had the privilege of doing some of that training under Maria Roth in Munich, Germany, and under Marja-Leena Tyrväinen, Ulla Wikefeldt and Barbro Stenlund in Copenhagen, Denmark.
60 hours of lectures and practical work. Observation is done in classrooms led by AMI 3-6 teachers. Specific instruction how to observe will be given during the course.
The Secret of Childhood, The Absorbent Mind, The Child in the Family – we have them available in English and Bulgarian languages, and Education for a New World.
The course content
- Introduction to Montessori
- The Role of Montessori Adult
- The Role of the Assistant
- Overview of the Planes of Development
- The Child’s Mind from 0-6 years, Sensitive Periods
- Order: The importance of Order and Precision, Order in the development of personality
- Movement 0-6: Development of Movement and its significance for the child
- Language: Development of, also taking into account the following elements:
- Preparation of the adult
- Use of language in general
- Vocabulary: correct, precise, rich, scientifically exact
- How to listen to children
- How to elicit language
- Independence: Development of, also taking into account different levels of independence – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual, as conditions for interdependence
- Prepared environment: Home and Casa dei Bambini (the physical and the intangible)
- Freedom and Discipline: Understanding the concept of Freedom from Montessori point of view and the growth of Discipline as inner development
- Social Development
- Observation and its relevance (technique and recording of)
- Music and Art
- Maintaining the environment (indoor and outdoor)
Some time will be be dedicated to the reading and discussion of Maria Montessori’s texts relevant to topics given.
Requirements for certification
- Submission of three papers (500 words) on topics set by the Trainer,
- Submission of observation report,
- Submission of handmade materials,
- Minimum of 90% attendance.
Are you interested?
If you wish to enroll in the course or have any other questions, please contact us.
For registration and contact
Montessori Institute Bulgaria, email@example.com, tel: +359 878 832 823
The training is conducted in English with simultaneous translation in Bulgarian.
The course is organized by Association Montessori Internationalе with the assistance of the Montessori Institute of Bulgaria.