We are excited to announce that AMI’s 2021 Annual Global Meeting will be held online on the 9th and 10th April 2021.
This year we look forward to connecting with the AMI community across the world to continue our celebration of Maria Montessori’s 150th birthday, highlighting the amazing work being done in the area of human rights, which was a foundational part of Montessori’s work.
We are pleased to announce two of our Keynote Speakers:
- Marc Dullaert – Founder of Kids Rights Foundation, which is committed to children’s rights worldwide.
- Joanne Dunn – Human Rights Advocate and child protection professional, working for the UN, and previously Senior Protection Advisor for UNICEF
Other presenters include:
- Siamak Sam Loni – Programme Director for the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Lynne Lawrence – Executive Director – AMI
- Anne Kelly and Jennifer Brush – AMI experts in Montessori for Dementia and Ageing
- Carolina Montessori – The great-granddaughter of Maria Montessori
- Helen Mohan Elias – Community Rooted Education, India
- Molly O’Shaughnessy – The relevance of Montessori
- Uma Ramani – AMI Core Principles
- Connie Carballo – AMI Affiliate Argentina
- Ruben Jongkind – Montessori Sports
- Sarah Werner Andrews – Music and Montessori
- Ama van Dantzig – Co-Founder – Dr Monk
- Lilly Platt – young environmentalist
- Dr Ayize Sabater – Executive Director of AMI USA
- Takako Fukatsu – Blending both global and local perspectives in daily life
The online programme will cover two days:
- 9 April from 15:00 to 19:00 CET
- 10 April from 14:00 to 18:30 CET
The AGM is open to AMI members and non-members and will offer opportunities to network together online, hear the latest from AMI on its work and listen to inspirational talks from education and human rights experts. All the sessions will be recorded and available following the event to those who register.