This program will support preschool teachers and primary/elementary school teachers to understand how the characteristics and needs of the child change over time in kindergarten and school; how to prepare the environment and encourage growing skills and responsibilities; how to support the development of basic literacy in language and mathematics to help the thinking mind of a child going to school; how to help a child integrate hand, mind and spirit and unlock their creative potential.
The program will take a look into the stages of development of the child for the formation of cognitive activity. This will provide an opportunity to look at the key moments in development that need to take place in order for the school to be fun for the first grader and to encourage curiosity.
The program provides a toolkit of the basic techniques that teachers need to develop to help develop the child in the early years of school.
This program helps to build and deepen knowledge of basic lessons, learning activities and practice in an interdisciplinary environment. It provides approaches to support the emotional, cognitive and academic development of the child at home and at school.
Participants who have passed the program receive a Certificate of Completion.
Number of qualification credits: 3
Montessori Community Bulgaria owns a certified quality management system in accordance with international standards ISO 9001: 2015 and training is in the register of the Ministry of Education and Science and provides credits to teachers.
Goals of the program
- to upgrade the knowledge to support the positive manifestation of the psychological characteristics of the child in the transition from kindergarten to school.
- to give practical approaches on how the teacher can build on the psychological characteristics of the particular age and will develop practical skills on how to support the emotional, cognitive and academic development of the child.
- to enable the mastery of practical approaches and methodologies.
- mastering knowledge and practical experience with an impressionist approach that seals knowledge through emotional impressions, pedagogical techniques with examples of lessons, role and approaches of the teacher by imparting knowledge and inspiring curiosity, approach to the specific needs of the child, storytelling, key lessons, image lessons, presentations and demonstrations leading to abstraction, techniques for developing the imagination, which leads to creativity, awareness of the need for social / moral development, going out of school, being part of the world.
- to help participants master a toolkit of techniques to support the transition from kindergarten to school environment and the development of the child in the early primary years of school.
Content of the program
The topics of multimedia presentations, videos, discussions, group work, experiential learning are:
- From independence to interdependence
- Reasoning, imagination and second plane of development
- What kinds of freedoms suit the child?
- Guiding the growing responsibility of the child
- The environment helps us – it’s not just the classroom
- Rhythm requires practice
- Exploring the world is at the center
- Means of mastery in the educational environment for great things
- Activities that promote community and belonging
- Key lessons in language, mathematics, history, biology, geography
- Guidelines for family and social life in the early school years
- How to know that the child is learning?
The program includes 8 hours of supervised practice in an authentic Montessori student classroom. Practical work with didactic materials is carried out under the supervision of trained teachers with AMI diploma. The purpose of this component is to provide an opportunity to work under the guidance of a qualified and experienced pedagogue, to apply the acquired theoretical knowledge about the growth and development of children in practical situations.
The program includes 6 hours of observation and practice in the classroom. Participants observe in classes conducted by a primary school teacher who has undergone AMI training. Participants write reports of their observations, which are reviewed and discussed with the instructors.
Under supervision, the participants are engaged in the production of materials. This component is included in the supervised practice and consists of timelines, diagrams and other materials for use in the classroom. All of the above mentioned materials are checked by the instructors.
Preparing a project / presentation
Each participant compiles a portfolio and a presentation of their project.
Duration of the program
24 hours of theoretical training, 8 hours of supervised practice and 16 hours of discussions, observation, practice and presentations in the classroom. Observations are made in classrooms led by AMI 3-6 and 6-12 guides. Specific instructions for observations will be given during the course.
Selected parts of the books The Secret of Childhood, The Absorbent Mind, The Child in the Family, From Childhood to Adolescence will be read and discussed during the course.
Are you interested?
If you want to sign up for this training program or have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Telephone: +359 878 832 823