First AMI Assistants Certificate 0-3 in Sofia with Patricia Wallner
This course is designed for anyone interested in building the personality of the little child and in the profound understanding of its needs. The intention of the 0-3 Assistants Certificate Course is to help interested adults become able assistants in a Montessori Nido or Infant Community.
You will have the opportunity to learn and understand:
- the importance of observation in working with a child
- when and how to interfere in the child’s work
- Maria Montessori’s concepts of freedom and discipline
- how to gain the child’s trust
- the power of the child’s absorbent mind at this age
- the importance of routine and consistency in language and activities at this age
- how to build the environment in order to meet the child’s needs
- importance of food and ways to prepare it and also to acquire
- the ability to allow the child to become more and more independent, any unnecessary help being a hindrance in his development
- techniques for building and maintaining the materials from the environment
- techniques of vocabulary enrichment
Director of Training – Patricia Wallner
Patricia has started her activity in Montessori pedagogy in 1970. She graduated the AMI 3-6 Training Course in Washington D.C. As she moved to the Netherlands, she started working with Mario Montessori at the AMI Association Montessori Internationale Headquarters, founded by Maria Montessori back in 1929.
Between 1985 and 1986, Patricia has attended the AMI 0-3 Training Course in Houston, Texas, under the supervision of Dr. Silvana Montanaro. Then, for 17 years she worked in a bilingual community for children up to 3 years old in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, where she currently lives.
In 1995 she started her training of trainers with Dr. Montanaro, in order to become an AMI 0-3 Trainer. At the same time, she also graduated a Master Degree in Educational Sciences.
Patricia has taught students in Rome (Italy), London (UK), Golden Coast (Australia), Yokohama (Japan), Varberg (Sweden), Zurich (Switzerland), St. Petersburg (Russia), and the United States of America in San Diego, California and Portland, Oregon. She lectured in Asia, Europe, Australia, and the United States of America.
Her greatest hope is to increase the interest in Montessori 0-3 pedagogy across Europe, to work with the parents and encourage as many persons as possible to train for the work with this age group since this is the time when all the experiences are impregnated for life and they can hold the explanation for certain behaviors of the future adult.
60 hours of lectures and practical work. 9 additional hours of observations arranged by the student in between the two lecture blocs. Specific instruction how to observe will be given during the Course.
25 June – 6 July 2018
English, translation to Bulgarian
Selected reading from Understanding the Human Being, The Child in the Family, Education for a New World, 1946 Lectures and The Absorbent Mind will be done during the Course.
The Course Content
- Introduction to Montessori
- The Role of the Directress
- The Role of the Assistant
- Overview of the Planes of Development
- The Child’s Mind from 0-6 years
- Movement 0-3
- Prepared environment
- Freedom and Discipline
- Music and Art
- Maintaining the Environment
- Toilet Learning
- Material Making
Requirements for Certification
- Submission of three papers (500 words) to the required standard
- Submission of observation report
- Submission of handmade materials
- Minimum of 90% attendance
600 € or 1 174 leva
Are you interested?
If you wish to enroll in the course or have any other questions, please contact us!
For registration and Contact
Institute Montessori Bulgaria, firstname.lastname@example.org, +359 878 832 823
The training will be held in English with a translation in Bulgarian.
The course is organised by Association Montessori International and hosted by Institute Montessori Bulgaria.